Free healthy cooking equipment packs are available to encourage North Somerset residents to prepare, cook and eat healthy meals, supporting a healthier lifestyle. To qualify for a pack you must be referred by a professional supporting you e.g. health or social care worker, you must also meet at least three of the below criteria. You:
- Do not currently cook at home from scratch / prepare homemade meals
- Do not have kitchen equipment at home or very limited equipment to cook at home
- Do not meet the 5 a day recommendation of fruit and vegetables
- Are above a healthy weight – see BMI guidance for adults
- Have previously used the local food bank
Please download the equipment list below, and choose which items you would like by filling out the form. One pack available per household. Items you can choose from include: saucepan, oven tray, frying pan, scales, hand blender, roasting tray, recipe book, etc. Please see below to download full list.
There is a limited number of packs available, so they will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. If you are interested, please complete the form below asap. The closing date for orders is Monday 15th March or sooner if all packs are requested.
Note: Incomplete forms will not be processed so please ensure all questions have been answered fully.
Equipment will be ready around the start of April. Please note: you may be required to collect this from a central venue.
Any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call: 01934 427222 or 01275 882732.
Privacy notice available here.