The flagship program for inclusive sport in North Somerset!
We aim to increase the number of opportunities for disabled adults and children to access sport and physical activity across North Somerset. Through working with local clubs, coaches and volunteers we hope to provide the support, knowledge and skills required to confidently run activities, which are inclusive to all.
View our list of: North Somerset Inclusive Sports Clubs – updated Mar 2018
What can we offer clubs?
– information, advice and guidance about delivering inclusive sport sessions in North Somerset
– access to training courses to increase coach and volunteer awareness and knowledge of delivering inclusive sessions in the community. For a list of local courses coordinated by Wesport (our local CSP), see Wesport Workshops & Courses 2017-18
– Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks for volunteers interested in delivering inclusive sport
– information regarding funding opportunities available to clubs
– free marketing and publicity of activities
– assistance in recruiting volunteers to support your inclusive sessions
– the opportunity to network with representatives from National Governing Bodies, Inclusive Clubs, coaches, volunteers and organisations from across North Somerset at our Steering Meetings
– grants and bursaries are now available for clubs and coaches in North Somerset, for more information click here
If you are a club or provider who would like more information about delivering inclusive sport in North Somerset, please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01275 882733.
Let’s do… is the collective name for a hub of engagement activities for socially isolated adults (19+) within North Somerset. The programme, which includes a range of sports activities, is aimed at those who want to improve their mental wellbeing, social contact and add structure to their week, within their local community.
Participants who would like to access Let’s do… will need to complete a Let’s do… Referral Form. You can either complete this yourself or ask your care co-ordinator or key worker to complete one on your behalf.
For more information about the Let’s Do… programme, please contact Martin or Michelle on 01934 426442 or email email@example.com
This PA, Sport and Mental Health Information Guide provides useful information about the importance of being active, suggestions on how to overcome barriers, ideas on how to plan a safe routine and tips for staying motivated.