Being active is vital for us to stay healthy, both physically and mentally. Walking is a free and easy way for many people to incorporate physical activity into daily life. A brisk 10-minute walk is a great example of a small change you can make to your day to build up your activity.
Take a look at some of the benefits below and let’s get moving!
Walking tips to get you started:
– Take it at your own pace – listen to your body and build up slowly
– Ensure you are wearing suitable/comfortable clothing and footwear
– Safety first! Be considerate of hazards such as lack of pavements/footpaths, uneven surfaces and vehicles (it may be useful to take a mobile with you)
– Keep yourself motivated with different routes, walking with friends or listening to music if safe to do so
– Take a bottle of water with you to stay hydrated
Ideas to make walking a part of your daily routine
Information on Walking for Health groups in North Somerset is available HERE
Download the Active 10 app now to see how much brisk walking you currently do, how much more you could be doing and set yourself goals to a more active you!